An ulcer is a loss of skin, generally on the foot or leg.
Surface sores are called erosions, and full thickness sores are ulcers.
Ulcers on lower leg causes:
- Insect bites
- Pressure ulcers
- Hypertension ulcers
- Neuropathic ulcers e.g. diabetic ulcers
- Ulcerating skin causes (Basal Cell, Squamous cell)
- Melanoma and mycosis fungoides
- Fat cell inflammation – panniculitis
- Vascular sores
- Pyoderma gangrenosum
- Ulcers due to picking
- Bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.
- Spider veins
- Atypical mycobacterial infection
- Genital conditions
- Steven Johnson
- Staphylococcus scalded skin
- Other causes